Penalty King: Instructions
How to playSimply click on “New Game” to start a new game, and choose, amongst other options, the maximum skill level of your opponent. Alternatively you may join a game that has been started by another player.
A game consists of 5 rounds, for which the player has 5 minutes. The round number and points are displayed in the upper left corner of the screen.
For each round, the player must decide on how to shoot by fixing the following variables:
Your control over the variables is determined by a swinging cursor, which must be stopped in the desired position by clicking the “Stop” button. If you hit the red target, positioned within the goal, dead on, you shall be rewarded with 1000 points. After your penalty has been taken a green target will show you where the ball actually ended up.
Penalty King is a two-player duel. The following applies:
- Both players start in the same position and are subject to the same conditions.
- One player may play after the other.
- Once a player has completed a game, he/she may either watch his/her opponent, or leave the game and start a new game.
- Other players may be directly invited to play a game.
RulesOnce the shot variables have been set, the penalty taker steps up to take the penalty. The objective is not only to score a goal, but to hit the red target as accurately as possible to score more points. The position of the target varies for every shot, but remains the same for both players.
The goalkeeper decides which way to dive for every shot. This decision is not visible to the players.
- The more accurate the keeper is when diving, the higher his chances are of saving the penalty.
- There is a higher chance of the keeper misjudging your shot, should you curl the ball.
- Weak shots are more likely to be saved
The game ends after 5 rounds. The winner is the player who scores the most points.
PointsThere are points for every penalty scored. Should you hit the red target dead on, a maximum 1000 points are awarded. Therefore the maximum points total over the 5 rounds is 5000.
If the penalty is saved by the goalkeeper, misses the goal, or hits the woodwork, no points are awarded.